Ah … the last day of March. There have been 90 days so far this year. From January 1 – March 31. Have they been good days? Yes, for the most part. A couple of days were spent down with the flu. Some days were bitterly cold but otherwise the winter has been mild. The few days of Spring have been chilled and wet.
I had goals for this month. They were :
- Lose 6 pounds.
- Complete the first week of the C25K program.
- Continue to track calories everyday.
- Blog at least 5 times a week.
Lose 6 Pounds
I entered March weighing 176.1 pounds. At least my last weigh-in was on February 27. My last weight-in of March was on March 27 at 169.0. 176.1 – 169.0 = 7.1. So, I lost 7.1 pounds during March.
Complete the First Week of the C25K Program
I did the first workout in the C25K program on March 10. The second workout was on March 12. The third workout was on March 14. So, I did complete the first week of the C25K program. As a bonus, I also completed the second week of the program.
Continue to Track Calories Everyday
I did, in fact, track calories everyday, including today. I’ve tracked my 190 calories Slim Fast breakfast shake. Will track whatever my lunch and dinner count is.
Blog At Least 5 Times a Week
With the inclusion of this blog post, there are 21 posts for the month of March. And, that is dependent on if I counted right as I haven’t come across an easily seen WordPress stat for blog posts in a month – I’m sure there is – I just haven’t come across it. Since there are 4 weeks in the month, 21 / 4 = 5.25 blog posts a week. So, I blogged at least 5 times a week.
I met all four goals. I lost 7.1 pounds, completed the first week of the C25K, tracked calories everyday and blogged 5 times a week.
Am I happy? Yes, of course. I set measurable, specific goals with a reasonable time frame. And, I met all goals. I am happy.
However, I could have done better.
- I should have lost more weight. But, due to my beer consumption, which I faithfully tracked, I didn’t lose as much weight as I did in January and February.
- I did exceed the C25K goal by completing the second week.
- Could have blogged more. Blogging helps with my internal monologue and helps refine my thinking. I usually blog when I’m at work and in front of a computer. I hardly sit in front of a computer on the weekends so I usually don’t blog during the weekends. Could have.
- I did track calories everyday so there is not much more I could have done there.
Overall, I believe I did ok. Could have lost more weight and run more and blogged more but I will be happy with these results.
I was looking through old photos and came across this photo of a photographer taking pictures of a young couple, which is out of the frame. The setting was the grounds of the Indianapolis Art Museum on a beautiful November day in 2015.
Captured this photographer as she was taking photos of a couple, probably engagement photos. Photo taken on the grounds of the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Photo taken on November 1, 2015.
Wishing everyone a great day!!